12.29.2004

Modest Mouse for my birthday!

They're playing at Mesa Amphitheater ON MY BIRTHDAY! What a kick ass surprise from the universe. I'm so there. Who's with me? That was piece o' good news #1. Piece o' good news #2 is that they're finally promoting the new Marvel movie, Fantastic Four. So I went to check out the preview, and guess what? Ioan Gruffudd is gonna star in it! For those (probably all) of you who don't know who he is, he starred in the A&E tv movies of the Horatio Hornblower series, and did a couple other obscure things, including the very sad Welsh film Solomon & Gaenor and, most recently, the very awful Hollywood film King Arthur.
But getting through the good news takes me to the sad news. I heard on the radio this morning that Jerry Orbach passed away. He was the old cop on the original Law & Order, as well as the dad in Dirty Dancing and the voice of Lumiere in Beauty & the Beast. He was a really cool old guy, and I always loved him on Law & Order. One of those handsome older men, you know?
Ah, well, I'm off to go read online comics and wait to see if anyone accepts their invites to this little blog o' mine. Much love to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home