1.13.2005

Another day at the grindstone

Okay, so this hasn't turned out to be a daily thing. What do you want from me? Work has been tough the last few days, and if it weren't for the fun drama-drama that I rustle up now and again, I'd be totally frazzled. As it is I'm hanging on okay, but next week promises to be even worse.
There are fun things about watching kids get their books, though. So far, my favorite would have to be seeing kids with their parents and marvelling at the odd similarities between them. It's best when the kid comes with both folks, because then you can really see who gave 'em their eyes, nose, hair, etc. Otherwise, you can play the mental game where you see the mom and the daughter and try to extrapolate dad's face. That one makes me chuckle now and again. Some girl that came into the store today had eyes that were positively protruding from her skull. I was so wishing her parents were around so I could see if it was genetic. Then there was the kid that was a younger, skinnier copy of his father, and I felt bad knowing that such a nice boy would be so hairy when he was older. C'est la vie.
The one thing that is gnawing at me is that I haven't heard from Mr. Regional Manager about whether they're going to salary me. I want more money for this nonsense or I'm getting the fuck out. Because I love my job and all, but I can't live on the college lifestyle forever. Man, if it keeps up like this, I may even be a responsible adult some day. Wouldn't that suck? Well, maybe not. Maybe I'll be able to get a real house soon, so that I can get the dog I've always wanted. My hamster's cute and all, but Kibi is not someone who runs to the door to greet me. Well, maybe she would if she weren't in her cage, but I kind of doubt it.
Now that I have all of that out of my system, I'm going to read my book. It's getting really good, so I'm gonna try to burn though a chapter or two tonight. If anyone needs a book recommendation, I wouldn't hesitate to offer up Storm Constantine's Crown of Silence. (Don't fantasy authors have the best names? Where's the fun in Faye Kellerman? Give me Michael Swanwick any day.) So, good evening to you all and I try to be more frequent with my babblings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home